September 22, 2010

Spooky Chandelier by Outlines Rubber Stamps

You can feel a change coming in the air. That change is Fall and with Fall comes Halloween. It is just around the corner. I look at Halloween as a fun time of year and focus on the innocence of children dressing up in cute costumes and collecting candy rather than view it as an evil time of year.  I enjoy greeting children trick or treating and seeing the excitement in their eyes. This stamp is a good example of how I look at Halloween. It’s spooky in a cute and fun sort of way.

The image is called Spooky Chandelier and it is made by Outlines Rubber Stamps. The name of the company symbolizes what most, if not all, their stamps are like……outline….which means there is lots of open space to color. If you don’t like to color, then these stamps may not be for you. Since this is a chandelier there is not that much to color. Actually, applying the jewels took the longest. I embossed the entire image. I don’t usually recommend embossing your image if you use Copics because the alcohol in the Copic marker will eat away at the embossing. In this case, there was such a small amount to color, it worked out ok.

The Copics used were:

YR16 – Apricot

R39 – Garnet

C7 – Cool Gray N0.7

T4 – Toner Gray No.4

Spooky Chandelier2

The jewel stickers are from Memory Box.  For the background shading, I applied a combination of gray and black chalk using a sponge. I then spritzed the entire area with Psst Shimmer Spritz by Tsukineko. Lastly, I matted the stamped image with Basic Grey bat patterened paper to add a little more color. The base of the card is Memory Box black Soiree paper. Below are some close ups to show the detail.

Spooky Chandelier1

Spooky Chandelier3

Leave a comment and let me know what you think. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love the spooky chandelier! wonderful design.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete