November 26, 2009

REMINDER – Card Donations for Our 2nd Annual Christmas Card Collection for the Jesse Helms Nursing Center Due by DECEMBER 19th

Thank you to all who have donated Christmas Cards for the nursing center so far. We are making progress toward reaching our goal but still have quite a way before we reach it. If you have handmade Christmas cards that either you have collected in a card swap or those that you have taken time to make some cards yourself, please consider donating them.  Your generosity will make the Holidays a little brighter for the patients and staff. This time of year is especially hard on families with loved ones in nursing homes or those that are sick. For those who may not know, this card donation effort has a special place in my heart because I lost my Daddy while he was at the nursing center on  December 29th, 2007. (To read the full story on the painful journey my family and I endured with my Dad and the inspiration behind this effort, click here.) In an effort to keep his memory alive and as a way to show the unconditional love my family and I have for my Dad, I started this card drive in 2008. Last year my family and I was surprised and thrilled at the response that we received. We had enough cards for every patient and all the staff at the nursing center. We are hoping to be able to continue that with this years donations. Remember: This year just as last, I’m offering a 20% discount on your entire purchase with the donation of 5 or more handmade cards. The inside of the card can be blank and should be unsigned.

Once again, thank you to everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment