December 6, 2010

Igloo – Impression Obsession

Lately, the cold weather here has really been an inspiration to do winter and Christmas cards. The card I am posting today uses a cute Igloo stamp from Impression Obsession. This stamp is unassuming but after the first time I worked with it, it quickly became one of my favorites. At first glance, I was excited about being able to use Liquid Appliqué for the snow but after stamping it I noticed all the cute little details and was even more excited about adding a little color with Copics.

Igloo

Below, you can see a little more of the detail of the Liquid Appliqué for the snow and sparkle that Spica Glitter pens add.

Igloo2

I stamped the image with Memento tuxedo black and used Copics for the coloring of the image. Believe it or not, but I used quite a few colors…more than you would think.

Copics for Impression Obsession Igloo

To add a little icy look, I used the Clear Spica Glitter pen and the B0000 Pale Celestine Copic. For the background, I used a combination of a pale blue and pale grey ink on a dauber to create a snowy looking sky. I dabbed the inked dauber on a scrap piece of paper to get most of the ink off it and then used a swirl motion to apply.

Igloo2

Hope you like the card for today. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment