August 29, 2010

Tim Holtz - RockStar

Any one in this hobby knows that we all go thru many phases of obsessions. Well, my latest obsession is Tim Holtz. I love his stamps. I have started getting into his stamp line more and more lately and love the grungy look of his stamps. They add great texture to cards. I created this card using the RockStar set. This is set is one of my favorites.

RockStar1

I used several different Copics for the coloring. The Cool Gray colors were used on the Skyline stamp along with a Silver Spica Glitter pen. The other colors were used on the Tattoo Heart along with the yellow and orange Spica Glitter Pens.

IMG00118-20100828-2356

I used something new from Tsukineko to add the shimmer. It is actually called Shimmer Spritz and it comes packaged in twos. I used the Sparkle color around the edges of the card along with Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento London Fog and Color Box Chestnut Roan Inks. I mixed them all by applying all the colors to a sponge and then spraying the sponge with the Shimmer Spritz before applying to the edges. It was easy to use, sprayed in a nice fine mist, and added just the right amount of shine.  Below is an up close picture of the edging on the card.

IMG00127-20100829-0000

Below is the finished product.

IMG00125-20100828-2359

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Kerri- It is so you. It has that wild side and just a bit of sparkle! Love Tim Holtz inks I use them alot. I have never seen this stamp set but may have to check it out!

    Where did you find the shimmer spritz? I love the way it looks on paper?
    Hope to run into sometime soon. If you ever have a stamping night keep me in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for such a nice comment! Nice to hear from you. I got the Shimmer Spritz from Hobby Lobby but they are now completely out. I only bought 1 color set because I wasn't sure I would like it but it turns out that I like it even better than the Smooch Spritz. Having a stamp night sounds fun. I'll keep it mind. :)

    ReplyDelete